top of page

Tax Resolution Expert and Enrolled Agent

Tax Problem Solving Expert Authorized to Practice before the IRS

Thanks for visiting!

Marshall R. Mathews, EA

Please note that I am not a CPA, nor have I ever practiced as a CPA. I am an enrolled agent, also known as an “EA.”

The distinction between the two designations is very important, since my specialty is federal taxation and tax accounting. I have chosen to earn the enrolled agent license from the US Department of the Treasury because it does not limit the geographic area in which I may practice. In other words, I can work with clients in any of the 50 United States (or its territories).

To become an EA, I had to pass a background check and a stringent three-part exam, or have relevant experience as a former IRS employee. This is why EAs are referred to as “America’s tax experts.”

To maintain my IRS accreditation, as an EA I must stay up-to-date on the latest changes to the tax code by completing annual continuing professional education. EA's are unique in that we are the only group of tax professionals who report our continuing professional education hours directly to the IRS.

bottom of page